The world cannot overlook the importance of global education. An international study program cultivates many benefits and has the power to impact students’ professional and social-emotional development. Global education creates an environment to praise the knowledge and develop self-awareness of one’s own identity, culture, beliefs and become more responsible towards society. It offers students the opportunity to gain a deeper, better-rounded understanding of their subject as well as career path.
Cambridge Education forms such an environment and helps schools to discover an education that gives students the skills they need for life to achieve success at school, university and work. It is a part of Cambridge Assessment, a department of the University of Cambridge. In collaboration with Cambridge Education, Ram Ratna International School (RRIS) creates curriculum and assessments that are exciting and relevant for the students. The Cambridge qualifications are recognised by the best universities and colleges in India and abroad, giving students a wide range of options for their career.
Future ready education
Cambridge Pathway prepares students for life – helping them to develop an informed curiosity and lasting passion for learning. It helps students develop thinking and learning skills – ready to tackle the demands of tomorrow’s world, capable of shaping a better world for the future. Cambridge International also runs Cambridge Global Perspectives, a unique, transformational programme that helps students at every stage of school education develop outstanding transferable skills, including critical thinking, research and collaboration.
Identifying the potential
The course and curriculum help the student to fulfil their potential and make the most of their strengths and interests. The programmes are designed in a unique way – with the help of expert educators in schools and universities – to challenge students and get them excited about the learning. The Cambridge Pathway takes students on a journey through the following stages and students can join at any stage.
The Cambridge qualifications are accepted in all Indian universities and colleges as well as in the top universities across the world including MIT, Harvard and Cambridge among others.
Ram Ratna International School (RRIS) facilitates a child’s holistic education and development to acquire the knowledge and skills they need to achieve at school, university and beyond. We have imbibed the five elements charted by the Cambridge Education in our education system:
- International curriculum
It offers a balanced and flexible curriculum to give students the freedom to choose subjects. It supports schools in developing a curriculum tailored to students’ needs.
- Teaching and learning
The curriculum creates a framework that encourages teaching practices for developing an ability among students to reflect on their learning.
Assessments are not just limited to conventional methods like written papers. The focus is on forming deep subject knowledge and higher level thinking skills.
- International recognition
Top Indian universities and colleges as well as the world’s leading universities and employers open their gates for Cambridge qualifications.
- Global community
A global support is provided through professional learning communities that consist of teachers and alumni around the world.
CIE stands for Cambridge International Examinations. It is the world’s largest provider of education programmes and qualifications for 5-19 years old. More than 9000 schools in 161 countries around the world offer the Cambridge qualifications. It is a part of Cambridge Assessment, a not-for-profit department of the 800 years old University of Cambridge.
- Cambridge International is the world’s largest provider of education programmes and qualifications for 5-19 years old. More than 10,000 schools in over 160 countries around the world offer the Cambridge qualifications. It is a part of Cambridge Assessment, a not-for-profit department of the 800 years old University of Cambridge. Cambridge programmes combine an emphasis in an mastering subjects in depth with the development skills for study & work in the future.
Cambridge Checkpoint is a new and innovative diagnostic testing service which is proving to be a major landmark in the development of assessment services from UCIE (University of Cambridge). The tests cover all major areas of learning required in the first years of an international secondary education.
Cambridge Checkpoint tests are available in 10 subjects out of which RRIS offers English, Mathematics and Science. Checkpoint is not used for any formal qualification, although a Statement of Achievement is produced. There is no fail or pass in checkpoint. It is ways in which Cambridge International can help students make the most of their educational opportunities.
After the test, statement of achievement is received by each student and a report is also given which reflects his or her performance. Checkpoint scores are between 0.0 and 6.0. The average score is between 3.0 and 4.0. The report gives a score for the subject as a whole and for the main topics, so that teachers can identify any important strengths or weaknesses.
Cambridge curriculum develops higher order thinking skills – problem solving, Critical thinking, independent research, collaboration & presenting arguments which will prepare students for future lives.
The IGCSE is a comprehensive 18 months programme for Grade IX & X. It is a balanced mix of practical experience and theoretical knowledge. It is a universally recognized qualification among international schools and universities worldwide. Various educational skills like recall of knowledge, teamwork, problem solving etc., are developed in this course. The course offers the best in international education and, being in pace with the changing needs, it regularly updates and extends the curriculum. It lays an excellent foundation for students who wish to continue with the IB Curriculum at the pre -university level.
- The purpose of IGCSE is to produce global citizens. The IGCSE curriculum focuses on the quality of assignments rather than the quantity of the assignments. It helps developing key learning, problem-solving and investigative skills by encouraging an active, critical and questioning approach to study
- The IGCSE has always emphasized adding value within a national context while also contributing to international level. The focus is on, to safeguard distinctive cultural while encouraging an international outlook. Hence, the importance of an appropriate mix of global and local contexts is well recognized as an essential dimension of IGCSE.
- It provides an ideal foundation for higher-level courses such as the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme, A Levels and the North American APT (Advanced Placement Test)
- It has worldwide recognition and is equivalent to the Certificate of Secondary Education from Indian education boards, General Certificate of Secondary Education, and O Level
- Yes, it is recognized by CBSE, CISCE and state education boards in India as a qualification for entry to class XI or for other higher secondary education courses. It is also recognized as class X qualification, as one of the prerequisites, for admission to undergraduate courses in India. The latest Indian recognition details can be viewed at: www.cie.org.uk/docs/recognition/india_recognition_samples
After IGCSE, students can opt for A Level programme in any International school that offers the same. IGCSE also qualifies the students for admissions in all the Indian +2 boards (ISC/CBSE/HSC). IGCSE students are eligible for admission to Junior Colleges in Mumbai .It is important to note that students who completed IGCSE can pursue IB Diploma programme as well.
Only till Grade 9 and if the child is encouraged to have a proper attitude & aptitude he/she can easily switch over from any local Board to IGCSE Board. We don’t suggest change of board in Grade 10.